Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Edge of Love






Style Inspiration: I've always loved the 40's fashion, it's my absolutely favorite era. I thought this movie did a wonderful job displaying it, and I loved the different pops of color they brought into it. I love their hair also! I wish I had the guts to cut my hair off and style it like the actresses. My favorite 40's actress is Rita Hayworth, I love her hair!

The Edge of Love is my new movie I've been obsessing over. It is kind of hard for me to explain so here is the description from Imdb: "Two feisty, free-spirited women are connected by the brilliant, charismatic poet who loves them both. The passion and pathos of legendary poet Dylan Thomas is told through the lives of two extraordinary women. Vera Phillips and Dylan were teenage loves; fast forward ten years and the two reconnect in London. She's working as a singer whilst he's churning out scripts for government propaganda films and living off the last in a long line of infatuated women. The two former lovers feel the thunderbolt once more, but Thomas is now married to the adventurous Caitlin. Despite their love-rival status, the women form a surprising friendship. Caitlin indulges in her own infidelities, and recognises a similar adventurous spirit in her husband. But she knows his connection with Vera is something different, not to mention dangerous. Romantic turmoil continues in Vera's life. She marries her devoted admirer William Killick, but she can't deny the chemistry between herself and Dylan, nor does she want to - even if this means betraying Caitlin."

I recommend this film to all people who are old fashion fanatics, and if you enjoyed the movie Atonement, you will fall deeply in LOVE with this movie as I did. I must warn you it is rated R for some language, disturbing war scenes and sexuality so don't be alarmed, but I really didn't think it was that bad. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment