Sunday, August 08, 2010

Inspiration at 12am










The things that inspire me at the moment are:

1. Drafting tables! Especially this French inspired one above. I really want one. All I would need to do is put it by a window, add some Prismacolors and paper and I would be drawing for days!
2. Tall, beautiful carved wood candlesticks. Especially ones that are inspired by the beauty of Italian Renaissance architecture(My favorite)
3. A vintage tub! I love them so much, it's always been my dream of mine to bathe in one of them. I love basically anything inspired by 18th-centuray Europe.
4. Big vintage maps! I'm obsessed with maps! I really want to put a big vintage world map up in my room! I think the map of Paris shown above is adorable also.
5. Vintage dressmaker forms! Vintage, vintage, vintage! That's all I say it seems like. But seriously, Im in love with these types of dressmakers forms. I think that the ones with the cage-like things around it are really interesting too.
6. Palladian mirrors. They're elegant and have the beautiful, classic lines that define style. I love the one above, I think that it would be really sharp to lean it against the wall for decor. Also, just found out they're inspired by the 17th-centurary Palladian architecture. Makes sense. Ahh, I can't wait to have my own home.
7. Preserved Boxwood Plants. I'm really into neutrals, but the beautiful touches of this green is my favorite. Definitely getting some of these for my new room.
8. Inspiration boards! I'm making one right now! This is another thing i've become obsessed with. I'm making mine out of this big vintage, french-inspired frame and i'll probably add some linen to it like the picture above.

All the objects and furniture above is from Restoration Hardware. Their stuff is everything I could ever dream of and beautifully made, but VERY expensive. I get a lot of inspiration from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment