Monday, August 02, 2010

Lily Elsie


Lily Elsie (1886-1962) was a popular, English actress and singer during the Edwardian era. Elsie was one of the most photographed women of Edwardian times. I've never known about her until last week, and i've been doing some research on her and she's actually very interesting, and of course, beautiful. I love history, it's my favorite and best subject, I think that's why i'm so in love with costume design, because it has do do with clothing and history(I know not all movie's have to do with my two favorite eras, but i still do love the idea of creating a character modern or old) The 1800's (or Edwardian times) is my second favorite era. I would love to learn how to make one of the big, beautiful dresses like Queen Victoria or Marie Antoinette may of worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment